HOUSTON SHOP MECHANIC
J.T. Thorpe & Son, Inc. (JT THORPE) is the oldest and largest refractory contractor in the United States. We are engineers and contractors of refractory, fireproofing, sand blasting, painting, acid proofing and coatings services.
The Mechanic is a hands-on position that will support projects with materials and equipment. Equipment must be maintained in working order and repaired/inspected after each projected. The Mechanic is also responsible for the loading/unloading and transportation of materials and equipment to and from projects. Familiarity with the refractory, fireproofing, sand blasting, painting, and coatings services and equipment is a plus but not required. This position reports to the Regional Manager. Specific job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Certified Diesel Mechanic or equivalent
- CDL Class A License preferred
- Experience repairing Refractory/Concrete Pump, Gunite, Mixing, Demolition Equipment preferred
Maintenance and Repair of Equipment:
- Inspect and repair equipment as needed after every project.
- Clean and maintain all equipment in good working order. This includes all items from 3/4” Air Hose, to 480V Electrical Cords, to major Refractory/Concrete Mixers and Pumps, to Power Panels and Welders.
Organize, Coordinate and Deliver Equipment & Materials to Job-sites:
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Deliver materials and equipment to various job-sites within Houston and surrounding areas
- Gather and organize equipment, consumables and materials for delivery to job-sites.
Maintain a Clean and Organized Warehouse:
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of warehouse space.
- Maintenance of Mechanic Area as needed.
JT THORPE offers competitive pay and a benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Diesel Mechanic (Preferred)
- CDL Class A Driver’s License (Required)
- One location