Project Manager – Large Projects Group
Employer: J.T. Thorpe & Son, Inc.
Job Title: Project Manager – Large Projects Group
At JT THORPE we build industrial plants (facilities) that fuel our nation with power, gas, steel, cement, biofuels, and a wide variety of crucial products. We strive to design and deliver the best and most reliable facilities in the world and we’re responsible for creating the linings to withstand the products that flows through these facilities.
At JT THORPE, we put our customers first. Our project management team is the key to achieving success. The project management team owns and leads the project every step of the way; guiding the project from concept, to construction, to customer hand-off. An excited and grateful customer for a project expertly delivered from beginning to end is a most satisfying undertaking.
As the leader of the project management team, you will bridge the customer’s wants with a well planned and executed solution. You achieve this by utilizing JT THORPE’s cutting edge equipment, extensive manpower workforce, and by leading your crew through safe production; creating a protective lining for your customer that will last for years.
If climbing inside a refinery reactor, a hydrogen heater, or a reaction furnace, sounds like a good time, then JT THORPE may be the right place for you. Successful Project Managers have a bias for action, can break down complex problems into steps that drive results, and will lead their team to execute projects flawlessly. As a Project Manager, you can lead JT THORPE’s next major project.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work diligently to learn JT THORPE’s mission and strategies, as well as industry standards, applications, materials and equipment.
- Travel across the continental United States, executing major industrial energy projects for approximately half of the calendar year. 1 – 3 projects are executed a year.
- While based in the home office in Pittsburgh, PA, you’ll plan and close out projects, lead continuous improvement sessions, and engage in professional development activities.
- Set you and your team up for project success by working with other JT THORPE team members and the customer to create a detailed project plan.
- Drive the execution of the project plan while balancing customer requirements and desires. This requires challenging all members of the construction team to identify issues, implement robust solutions, and achieve excellence.
- Clearly communicate plans and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences; from internal stakeholders to project management team members; to various customer contacts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- An engineering undergraduate degree, plus hands on management / project management experience.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the projects you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action – constantly pushing to be the best.
- 4+ years’ experience delivering highly successful projects with your fingerprints all over them – you are extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Full Size 4×4 Truck
- IPhone, laptop, wireless card; additional electronics and tools as needed
- Paid housing and expenses when traveling
- Ground floor opportunity with the team to shape the direction of the company
- Ability to control your project from start to finish with full visibility on all project aspects
- Potential to bid, win, and negotiate projects
- Lucrative bonus opportunity
- 4% 401K employer match
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs
- Paid time off (PTO) days, holidays, plus compensatory time off after projects
We’re bringing JT THORPE to major energy projects across North America. We need your dedication and leadership to make it happen.