JT THOPRE, established in 1906, is a leading Refractory, Industrial Fireproofing, Painting and Insulating contractor in North America, with over 1,200 employees and 12 offices strategically located throughout North America.
Our Houston Operations team is the heartbeat of our Gulf Coast growth plan. As the Operations Manager, it is your responsibility to connect the project team with both customers and projects. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of our business processes and familiarize yourself with the technical details of our industry. You will be the front line for building and strengthening existing customer relationships and executing successful shop projects which are vital to bridging the gap and following the work into the field. You will need to stay abreast of current industry news, customers, and competitors.
As the Operations Manager, you will bridge the customer’s wants with a thorough schedule and execution plan. JT THORPE is an industry leader that produces a Professional, Safe, High Quality and Cost Competitive Project every time.
At JT THORPE, we put our customers first! Our customers consist of Owners, large EPC firms, GC’s and Steel Fabricators in the Petrochemical industries. Alongside Senior Management, you will be responsible for organizing and executing a focused plan to best meet our customer’s needs. An excited and grateful customer for a project expertly delivered from beginning to end is a most satisfying undertaking.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager, the Operations Manager works on all sizes of industrial shop projects located in our 140K SQFT Processing Facility in North Houston, TX. The Operations Manager is the primary company representative responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of all shop fabrication project. Directs and supervises activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financial projections, and schedule requirements to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, and timely manner that exceed our client’s requirements.
- Manages the Project Team consisting of Project Managers/Engineers, Cost Analysts, Quality Control Technicians, Superintendents and General Foremen.
- Project Estimating while developing knowledge of our competitors pricing strategy
- Project Procurement of equipment, and materials
- On Site Management of Projects
- Developing Work Procedures and Overseeing Quality Control Programs
- Overseeing Job Safety Programs
- Overseeing Superintendents and Workforce
- Project Cost Control and Scheduling (50+ Hourly Craft per Shift)
- Project Reporting
- Customer Relations, Sales, and Business Development
- Planning and scheduling internal and external project kickoff meetings
- Five or more years of Production / Process Management experience.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and in budget; Manages project team activities.
- Maintain steady state fabrication process while handling multiple projects for various customers in sequence.
- Ability to self-structure (independence is key to this job, and therefore organization, strong time management, effective communication and multi-tasking is required)
- Ability to drive production to meet companies profit goals
- Hard working, conscientious, self-starters who are looking to build a long –term career with our company.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Applicant must be willing to relocate to Houston TX
- Maintain appropriate levels of staffing for all process. Working with onsite staffing to screen and hire safe and quality employees as needed.
- Coordinate daily production schedule with Regional Manager to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Strong sense of integrity, assertiveness, and urgency
- Maintain safety standards and HSE programs, ensure the facilities and procedures are with in compliance.
- High abstract reasoning and Idea orientation skills
- High self-confidence but not afraid to make a mistake or ask questions. Customers need to trust what you are saying
- Degree in engineering or management strongly preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Industrial Coatings and Industrial Fireproofing preferred but not required.
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Full Size Pickup Truck with paid maintenance and gas card
- 401K plan
- Significant Bonus Opportunity
- Full medical / dental / vision package to fit your needs
- Paid time off (PTO) days
We’re bringing JT THORPE to major energy projects on the Gulf Coast. We need your dedication and leadership to make it happen.
Job Type: Full-time